College Round 2: Fall Semester

Second year of college was difficult as was expected and accompanied with many changes. I moved into an apartment with an amazing roommate, who I do not brag on enough. I also joined the christian sorority and started a job. Let me take this time not to brag but just to say I am very proud of myself, I finished this semester with a 4.0 and a 100 or over on three separate class finals which were commutative. This is a major accomplishment for me, as many of you know, I am dyslexic and struggled with grades through elementary and middle school. I made a ton of new friends while also enjoying some old friendships. At the beginning of the semester, my friend and I were inducted into an honors society. Also, one day in government class I got to meet and play with State's live mascot, what an amazing day! The first week of November I got really sick due to the stomach bug :( It was my first time being really sick and away from home, and it was no fun at all. I also had to get a IV of fluids because I was so dehydrated and missed my chapter retreat that weekend. This semester I was very fortunate to be able to see three Broadway musicals in Memphis with my sister: Cinderella, Pippin, and Newsies. Also I just want to say how thankful I am for my two amazing friend groups one in Starkville and the other in Memphis. I do not get to see the one in Memphis much, but I always have fun and miss them all the time. They are both amazing and I am so fortunate to be able to have both and always be missing someone wherever I am. Also I believe my coffee addiction has grown stronger along with my love for coffee cups! God has been teaching me patience and His plan is better than my plan. I have had to give over so many things that I have not been patient about because I want it my way and in my time, such a relationship and where I am going in the future. As you can image this semester has been very stressful, so He has also had to remind me to be in His presence and rest in Him.  I was also continually reminded this semester that" and if not HE IS STILL GOOD!"  I know have shared these verses before but I will share them again along with a great quotes!

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Philippians 4:16-17
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 30:11
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness. 

"I have learned more from pain than I ever learned from pleasure"

"We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage" - Teddy Roosevelt

"There are far better things ahead than we ever leave behind" C. S. Lewis











































































Sorry for the super long post! I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment and share!


Comments

Popular Posts