Law of the Harvest

So this something I have been thinking about recently,because a message from my college pastor Will Mckay and something Dr. Rodgers said. This is from Galatians 6:7-10.


Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

A) You will not be the person to beat the system, you are not that special.
B) Community with fellow believers is very important, " God's people should not get the leftovers" (Will McKay) meaning we should give them time and energy because they are important.
C)" We have the ability to shape the rest of our lives under the leadership of God" (Will McKay)

The Law of the Harvest (Dr. Rodgers)
1. reap  after you sow
       - you will have to wait and trust the process
2. reap more than you sow
       - look at one seed can produce (not just that one fruit but thousands of more seeds)
3. reap WHAT you sow
       - sow stupid reap stupid
       - don't do stupid things if you don't want stupid consequences
       - everything you do will reap something; it could be good or it could be bad.

Whatever comes naturally is probably not right.

If you sow gossip you are going to reap drama.

Questions to think about 

  • What kind of seeds am I sowing?
  • What kind of harvest do I want to reap?
  • What do I want to leave behind?
  • What do you want someone to say about you at your funeral?
Also, you can NOT reap what you DON'T sow!


If you sow a thought, you reap an action; when you sow an action, you reap a habit; when you sow a habit, you reap a destiny. 


So after I heard this message I started thinking and reflecting. So I am going to share some of my thoughts now.

I want someone to say at my funeral, that I was a sweet mom that left a huge impact not only on my kids but their friends. I want to be a joy to everyone I come in contact with. I not only want to be a great wife and mom, but also a great teacher.  I want to show my kids love and encouragement. I want to show them how great learning can be. I want to show them and give them a passion for learning. I want to be an example for them that disabilities and struggles should never stop you from learning or doing something that you have a passion for. I want my students to know that they can come to school and feel loved and get attention no matter if they get it home. I want to be an encourager to everyone. I want to be a godly example to my kids, husband, and students.

I want to reap a  harvest of love, grace, joy, and laughter. I want to reap of a harvest of friendship and encouragement. 

I want to leave behind a family, tons of friends,and students who love me and will miss me. I want to leave a lasting impact on all of their lives. 

   

Comments

Popular Posts