15 Days of Thanks

If you follow me on instagram or facebook, you know my pastor challenged us a last Sunday to have an attitude of gratitude for the rest of month. Therefore, I decide to post something I am thankful everyday until the end of the month. I have been slacking a little bit, I think about everyday but I do not always post it.  Here is the first week  and half of thankfulness.

Day 1:  Today I chose two things. 1) My family as they come to see me and support the Dawgs. They support me in everything and help me now matter what. From my dad coming to my apartment and cleaning my drain instead of tailgating, to my mom listening to me cry on the phone and telling me what to do as I really sick two weeks ago, to my sister always being someone I can talk to and always helping me proof my papers. I love yall 2) My phi lamb sisters. I haven't know yall a super long time, but in the short time I have gotten to know yall you have been fabulous. I am so glad I joined. I love yall, and you thank you for showing me support and encouragement all the time! You are always their for me and I know if I need anything you will be there. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement the last few weeks!



Day 2: Today I am thankful for the United States and all who have fought and who are currently serving in the military. We owe you so much; more than just words every now and then or one day during the year. "Freedom is not free"


Day 3:  I am so thankful for the food I have. As I served in the soup kitchen the past two weeks, it has made me so thankful that always have food and enough food to make me full and fully nourished. I have so much food all the time and waste food a lot of time.

Day 4: I am thankful for these awesome friends of mine. I am so glad I found such great godly friends here at State, and I  do not know where I would be without them. Tylon brought me to them through Calvary and I am so thankful for them. Games are always so much fun, and there is never a dull moment with them. I have learned and grown so much because of them. 


Day 5:  I am so thankful for my prayer group girls. They are amazing, and they have made my semester great. Thanks for all the memories, great discussion,and laughs.
Not of them are in the photo


Day 6: I am thankful for God's beautiful creation. As I drove home, I was reminded of how beautiful His creation is and how thankful I am for it. Sitting in His creation on a chilly night or walking across the drill field on a beautiful day can always raise my spirits and remind me of my creator.  Also, I am thankful for safe travels as I returned home for the weekend.


Day 7:  Today, I am so thankful for my amazing, beautiful sister, Haley. She is amazing, strong ,beautiful, hilarious, a godly example, and so much more. I do not know what I would do without her. She proof reads all my papers, gives me advice, makes me laugh, exposes me to new music, endures all my complaining and laziness, and handles me and my family.  I am so glad you are my big sister.







Day 8: I am thankful for my two amazing churches, Bellevue and Calvary. I have my home church that I have attended since I was four in Memphis, but I also have an amazing church here in Starkville. Both churches pour into me and the college students, and I am so thankful I have such great churches and godly leaders in them. Also, I am so thankful for the families who feed me and the rest of the college students thanksgiving dinner tonight at Calvary. 

Day 9: Today, I am thankful for friendships. I am especially thankful of my friendship with Reagan. She is an amazing girl. No matter how long we go without talking we can always pick up where we left off. She has been with me since 5th grade, no matter what I know I can always go to her. She encourages me all the time.  I am so glad five years ago she encouraged me to join the backstage crew of High School Musical with her and made me branch out and try out the next year. I also want to thank her for encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone here and try Phi Lamb. I do not know what I would have done without you here at State with me, and I glad we both chose State. Freshman year would not have the been the same without you. I am so thankful God put you in my life ten years ago and I can not wait for the next ten years.  I am so glad and thankful that you live in both of the cities I live in!






Comments

Popular Posts