Sisterhood

Sigma Phi Lambda
Sisters For The Lord
ΣΦΛ

Most of you do not know but I joined Sigma Phi Lambda this weekend. This is a christian sorority on campus at Mississippi State. I am so excited and have already made so many great memories. First of all I want to thank my friend, Sydney, and my roommate, Maggie, for encouraging me to go to recruitment. This is more than just a normal sorority and doing it for the tshirts and parties and all that. While yes we do have tshirts, date parties, formals, and big/littles, its more than just that it about a sisterhood and group of godly girls to surround yourself with. To be honest before inductions on Friday night, I was a little nervous and wondered am I really going to like this. I tell you yes, I love it after only half a day. One of the things about Phi Lamb I love the most is worship. I have had many opportunities to worship with these girls, and every time it amazes me. I just love being able to stand all together and praise God with one voice, its beautiful. New Member retreat was full of laughter and fun. I meet some amazing girls, who are my new sisters, and I cannot Wait to spend more time with them. I came home late in the morning on Saturday to find my apartment door decorated with a cute little lamb, which made my day! I got a small gift, which is awesome, from my big during retreat, and I cannot wait to meet her! I can tell you after spending time in my apartment all afternoon after retreat all I wanted to do is go back and spend time with my sisters. I am so excited about this new chapter of my life. I have learned so much already. 

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and one mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Romans 15:5-6








we are both Jordan!



gift from my big



some awesome girls I meet at retreat


post retreat!


a sweet surprise when I came home

Comments

Popular Posts