What Freshmen Year Taught Me

My freshmen year has come and gone, and I can not believe it is already over. I have learned lot and change a lot. Looking back it was a great first year of college.  Mississippi State is amazing and has defiantly become my home. So here are a few things freshmen year taught me....

1. God is always there! He has a plan for your life, and it is way better than yours.
2.  Change happens to you, to your friends, and to our hometown. These changes are good, do not be fearful of them or try to stop them from happening.
3. You will not get along with everyone and that is okay. However you must be respectful and kind.
4. You and Your roommate do not have to be best friends, and if you do not get along thats okay. It is okay if y'all don't live together all four years.
5. Getting to know your professors is awesome and really helpful, so GO to their office hours. Even if you do not think it helped you, it might show them you are trying, which is a big deal for most professors.
6.  Everyone is scared and has fears, and most everyone in college has been in the same place you are in at some point.
7.  Getting to know upperclassmen is great and some of them will become some of your best friends.    They can also give great advice since they have been there. Also they know the little secrets about campus and your town.
8. Friendships now require work. Maintaining relationships can be hard but it can be done just  remember that you have to work for it.
9. I learned that I loved the sound of  thousands of cowbells ringing together!
10. Having to go  grocery shopping, cooking, and doing laundry takes time and is a lot bigger deal than you think when you are younger. So be thankful for your mom who did it when you were younger and be more thankful if she does it when you are home. 
11. Being in the "real" world is different than what you think it will be.
12. To be grateful for all I have. EVERYTHING from my school, to my friends, to my two churches, to, the amazing support I have, my sister, and my parents.
13. You will miss home and your parents more than you think you will.
14. Free time is special and use it wisely.
15. Quality time with people is important and shows them you care.
16. You are not always right and your way is not the only way and sometimes is not the right way to do something.
17.  Planners are lifesavers, so buy one and use it. Personally I have a Lily Pulitzer and love it :)
18. Christian friends and community is vital. Having non-christian friends are great but do not forget that being in the body is also really important.
19. No matter who you are around they will affect you and influence how you talk and act.
20. You are not defined my a grade,your GPA, or a number on a test. You are SO MUCH MORE than that!! I promise. Sometimes remembering this is hard and for me I struggled with that.
21. Everyone struggles with things, and we all have different strengths and weaknesses. Therefore do not compare yourself to others but also do not put someone down for not getting something that comes so easily to you.
22. There is a time to study and a time to take a break and make memories. College is more than going to class and studying.
23. Going to college is a gift! So many want to go or dream of going and can't so don't waste your opportunity and don't be ungrateful for it. 
25. Coffee is a staple and a lifesaver.
26.  Late afternoon classes are the worst. You think o I will like I can sleep in later, but while your other friends are out you are sitting in a classroom 4 o'clock. There are sometimes when they must be done but avoid as much as possible. 
27. Its okay to question your major everyone goes through it at sometime. 
28.With freedom comes responsibility 
29. Keeping a journal is the best thing you can do.  You don't have to write every day but you will want it later.
30. Take lots and lots of photos not only for you to look back on later but also so people at home can see how you are doing.
31. Studying and school is a lot harder than you think, but you can do it. You might have to change how you study because the way you did in high school might not work.
32. College is not high school in so many ways.
33. I discovered a whole new level of stress.  Stress ,especially for me, is hard to manage. In college it is a different type so you are not use to handling it but know God is always there and you can lean on Him. Also sometimes you have to cry, scream, dance it out, or all of the above.
34. Freshmen year has its ups and downs, while you figure out who you are and where you belong. It can and will be challenging but don't forget to have fun and lean on God.
35. I picked the BEST school ever. We are number 1! I learned I have a family at STATE!







Comments

Popular Posts