First Semester of College

I can say my first semester was a success. I ended the semester with a 3.81 GPA, which is a big deal for me. This semester had its ups and downs while considering changing majors, struggling with homesickness, building friendships, and finding my place. I made so amazing friends through the BSU and my new church Calvary. I love Mississippi State! I can say at the end of the semester I didn't want to leave. I had an amazing semester filled with memories, laughs, long talks, and some crying.  God has definitely placed me there for a reason, I am not sure why but I know He has. I am so glad and thankful for the people he has placed in my life this semester. They have taught me so much!  I learned a lot not just about school but my walk with Christ.  God taught me and made me learn to lean on Him.  A continual theme for me was me worrying about the future, and God continually told me not to worry and to know He has a greater plan for me.  

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Jeremiah 29:11-14

Luke 12: 22-31

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,

 but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

"The Gospel gives us a pair of spec tales through which we can view our own lives and see God preparing us and shaping us even through our own failures and sins to become vessels of His grace in the world" - Tim Keller

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[b]

    his mercies never come to an end;
23 
they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”
25 
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,

    to the soul who seeks him.
26 
It is good that one should wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.
27 
It is good for a man that he bear
    the yoke in his youth.
28 
Let him sit alone in silence

    when it is laid on him;
29 
let him put his mouth in the dust—
    there may yet be hope;
30 
let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,
    and let him be filled with insults.

Lamentations3:22-30






Comments

Popular Posts