Starting over

Starting over in a brand new place can be every scary. Everyone says when you go to college you will make life long friends, this is initiating and hard. Making good friends isn't always easy or fun. I can say over these past couple of months I have had some doubts about building friendships. After these past couple of days I have been every encouraged.  I love the friendships through my small group and the friendships I have made because of my small group. Joining the BSU and basic training weekend is the best thing I have done! I love being able to say I have great godly friends surrounding me , but they are also wonderful,hairlious people.  After making so many memories already, I can't wait to make more. 

I can say starting over and moving three hours away from home isn't easy. I have missed all my friends, family, and past school a lot, but I am extremely pleased with where I am. Even though I am happy, it doesn't mean I haven't missed everyone. Adjusting to a new life, a roommate, new friends, new school, and new church is hard. I had some doubts over the past few months, but I have been encouraged so much recently through my best friend and family group. So my advice for others struggling in the same situation or are going to college soon, make good friends as soon as possible and surround yourself with godly christians and people who truly know you.  And always remember God is on your side aways and you can always lean on him. 

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance"
        - Alan Watts


Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."   - C. S. Lewis 

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reasonBringing something we must learnAnd we are ledTo those who help us most to growIf we let themAnd we help them in returnWell, I don't know if I believe that's trueBut I know I'm who I am todayBecause I knew you...Like a comet pulled from orbitAs it passes the sunLike a stream that meets a boulderHalfway through the woodWho can say if I've been changed for the better?But because I knew youI have been changed for goodIt well may beThat we will never meet againIn this lifetimeSo let me say before we partSo much of meIs made of what I learned from youYou'll be with meLike a handprint on my heartAnd now whatever way our stories endI know you have re-written mineBy being my friend...Like a ship blown from its mooringBy a wind off the seaLike a seed dropped by a skybirdIn a distant woodWho can say if I've been changed for the better?But because I knew youI have been changed for good

Wicked: For Good

"God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1

Comments

Popular Posts