Preparing for a New Semester

I had plans to go back to Starkville a couple days early before the semester to get prepared and organized for a new semester. Well, mother nature had other plans for me because I am snowed in at home which is rather frustrated for a planner like me.  Therefore I decided why not write a blog post about what to do before a new semester. 

Steps 
1. clean out all our old papers decide what to keep and what to throw away
2.  get new supplies (personally one my favorite things to do, I love buying new supplies)
3. print out class schedule and syllabus
4.  get a planner or find your old one
5. write any and ALL dates your professors give you in our planner
         color code your planner one color for each class
6. clean out your backpack
7.  personally I also like to clean my room to start a new and fresh
8. find all your classes
9. try to sell old textbooks and buy our textbooks for the semester (always go amazon or old bookstores, not campus store) 
10. set goals
11. clean out email and computer files
12. BUY COFFEE
13. make sure you are right with God

Night Before/ Morning of 
1.  get a good night sleep
2.  lay out clothes and prepare backpack
3.  get up early 
4.  get a good breakfast


After Semester has begun....

  • At the beginning of each week, you should check your planner and write down everything you need to do that week.
  • Depending on how you do your banking I would recommend checking your bank account and your budget at the end of every week.
  • Remember to find time for yourself even if that means taking an hour to get coffee and read a book or craft
  • I completely understand what it means to be busy with school and work but don't forget that another important part of college is being social. Therefore make sure to maintain seeing friends even if you only have time to do it during dinner we all have to eat. 

Also by no means am I professing I am perfect at this at all. I struggle with stress and time management and forgetting to spend time with friends. Sometimes your imperfections remind you that you can share them with others so that you can help others. If you have any suggestions on how to get ready for the semester or have any questions comment below. 


Comments

Popular Posts