4th/ 5th Grade Camp

Last week I had the privilege of working as a junior councilor at Bellevue's 4th and 5th grade camp. I had an awesome group of 8 girls in my cabin. I loved hearing all their stories and getting to share Jesus with them. This week was a reminder to me that, everyone has a story that makes them into who they are. I had a lot of  fun times at the leader hunt, water slide, pool, and flash mob, but I also learned a lot. We talked about being Courageous in our Christian walk. We talked about Esther, Ruth, Mary, Christ, and Daniel. After worship we had team challenges which for me is normally my least favorite part because I am not athletic, as a child my team always lost. This was one of  my favorite parts of this week, not only because we got second place ,but because I had an awesome team that worked together. We were the mighty big limes!! After coming home and getting some rest, I really want to go back for another week. I loved getting to known all new people and building some great friendships ,which included late night talks with my friend Kelly. Camp was a great experience for not only the leaders ,but the kids as many came to Christ and grew in their walks which was the whole purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts